Saturday, February 25, 2012

Amazing Strawberry Cake



My mom makes an AMAZING strawberry cake, and it's usually my birthday cake request every year. I've been wanting to try and see if I could make it here in india, and today I finally did! I only had to make a few adjustments, but it was to die for! I took it to dinner at the Gainor's tonight, and it got devoured! Mom, you'd be so proud of me:) Here's the recipe!





Scarlet's Strawberry Cake
Cake Ingredients*:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
4 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 small box strawberry jello
1 1/2 - 2 cups strawberries (small pieces)
1 cup pecans (optional, but I used them)

Icing Ingredients:
3/4 cup strawberries (small pieces)
1 stick butter, melted
16 oz. powdered sugar

*If you want to go the easier route (and you have access to cake mixes), simply substitute 1 box white cake mix and 1/3 cup oil and mix this with the jello, eggs (one at a time), strawberries, and pecans.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two round cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk until the batter is smooth. Add the strawberry jello mix, strawberries, and pecans to the cake batter, and beat until all mixed together. Pour half of the batter into each cake pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Let the cakes cool for ten minutes and then carefully dump them out of the cake pan. They must cool completely before adding icing.
5. Beat together the strawberries, butter, and powdered sugar until mixed well. Spread on both layers of cake.
ENJOY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment